NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first evening of the spring out on the kayak last night. Beautiful night, but still got skunked. Threw out several soft plastics and different jig head combos on a float all to no avail. Talked with one other angler in a jon boat who had caught one black crappie. Not sure if it was my bad technique or just a not hungry crowd.

On a side note, I first headed to Lake Benson and had no idea you could NOT launch private kayaks/canoes. Lame.
Tomorrow morning planning on heading to Eno at Red Mill Ramp and paddling either upstream or down to the Flat River confluence and up that a ways.... Suggestions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bass fished Wheeler today, practicing for our club tournament there tomorrow. Not a lot of people talk about this lake, this post sparked my interest. Personally, not a huge fan of this lake but our club members keep catching big bags out of there so we keep coming back. Anyone else fish it on here?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bass fished Wheeler today, practicing for our club tournament there tomorrow. Not a lot of people talk about this lake, this post sparked my interest. Personally, not a huge fan of this lake but our club members keep catching big bags out of there so we keep coming back. Anyone else fish it on here?
I go to Wheeler quite a bit because its really close to my house. Got skunked most visits last year, and just about to go for the first time again this weekend. Its a heavily fished lake and not that big, so I've struggled with it over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.