NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been here in North Carolina for about two years but just recently returned from Iraq. I have been fishing fish since before I can remember and have been fishing that much the last couple years. I grew up trout fishing and ocean fishing in Southern California. I am really looking forward to learn more about the ocean fishing around here. Or any fishing for that matter. I would like catch some of those monster cats and pretty much anything else. I just love to fish. If you are interested in sharing some of your local knowledge with me and looking for someone to go fishing with, please let me know. I live around the Fayetteville area. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome to NCangler.com moemausu. Glad you found us. I assume you are/were in the military serving in Iraq, so I know I speak for many on this site when I say thank you for your service to our country. You have our respect and grattitude.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hey, anything is not too much to ask. Glad you found the site. I am sure you can get some pretty good answers here. We have several members from the Sneads Ferry/New River area and several more around and about Jacksonville. Hampsteadfishing is just south of you and I believe he can help you on the Cape Fear catfishing as well as the inshore/nearshore scene. Just to the north of you on the White Oak River is Sea Biscuit. His son Parrot Head fishes the White Oak when he is down. Breadman fishes the New River. Just don't ask him for the location of his newest honey hole. (he caught some SOW trout recently.) Gotta finish cooking lunch but if ya got questions fire away and if I can't help you I'll bet someone else here can. AL

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the site. This is a great place to learn about all types of fishing and to swap stories.

If you are at Fort Bragg, you will want to get over to Texas Pond. It is located just north of Simmons Army Airfield off of Honeycutt Road. There is a place just to the right of the dam where you can put in a canoe or kayak. The pond looks super-fishy with plenty of structure. You are also near enough to the Cape Fear river to try your luck with some catfish. I'd recommend the area just below the first lock just south of Fayetteville.

Good luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'll be glad to advise you about the the Catawba Chain of lakes in the piedmont if you ever get up this way to fish. I'm with Randy,...We should all say thanks. I say take a soldier fishing ya'll!
Thank you for your service.
Andy

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Sorry about the mix up, I think I thought you were at the Marine base at Jacksonville. Duh... Anything I can help you with I'll try. Although I am not familiar with the Fayettville area I have fished most of the beaches. AL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.