NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Kerr on Saturday. Had planned on hitting the Grassy Creek area, but my fishing partner (wife) crapped out on me and it was quite breezy, so I decided to stay in the Nutbush area. The whole day was nothing but an exercise in aggrivation. I used the most dreaded four letter word in angler language repeatedly, (in conjunction with other four letter words). That word is WIND! It was so eratic and strong that I had the biggest devil of a time controling my high profile old starcraft. Lost 2 crappie jigs within the first half hour to snaggs. Didn't get a single bite the whole time.
Should have stayed home Sat., done some choirs and gone out on Sunday instead. Sure hope next weekend in better.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know the feeling. I went Friday and everything that I did was wrong from the time I got out of bed till I quit fishing at the end of the day. I thought several times during the day that I should have stayed home so I did just that on Saturday and have regretted it ever since. lol

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
If you can get on these wind blown points the bass will stack up on them. Casting spinnerbaits allows you to maintain somekind of control.
The above factors will depend on how good of a trolling motor, battery or anchor system you may have.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.