NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Red X Angler
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Holloway and I hit the Bay River today with the one and only Gary Dubiel. Our day started fast with some trout on topwater and soft plastics fished on the bottom. As the wind began to increase we had to make a couple moves to locate some more active fish. It took some time but persistence paid off and we found a few more fish including the nice Redfish seen here. I managed a trout, red and flounder slam for the boat as our day was coming to a close. Although conditions were tough and we covered a lot of water we still found some fish and had a blast telling some funny stories. Huge thanks to Gary for spending the day with James and I and folks be sure to get up with Gary at Spec Fever Guide Service to book your fishing trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I was fishing near Bay River yesterday and we only managed 3 reds 16-17 inches. Very little bait yet in the area from what I could see. Fished pretty hard to try and find flounder but no luck on them.

·
Red X Angler
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the day was tougher than we had hoped but we fished our spots hard throwing all options and managed a good day for the conditions. We really had to slow our presentation down to get them to eat later in the day but the short top water bite time frame was great first thing in the morning. We had three smack our spook jrs on a point mid bay river and we had multiple swipes at them as well. All of this happened in the first 30 min of our day. Then the wind machine turned on :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts