NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone- Tom Morketter @ Tarheel Fish & Game has graciously offered to host our monthly meeting . We will meet at 7pm on Thursday July 12th @7 PM. I plan to have wings and sodas delivered for the meeting if you plan to attend please respond so I can place an appropriate order. Thanks.

Tarheel Fish & Game
2800-4 Raeford Road
Fayetteville NC 28303

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FFC July Meeting

I corrected my orginal post it's Thursday the 12th @ 7pm, not the Thursday the 11th.

Rob- Please, bring him. It will be great to have another on board with us. I may be a little late myself, as I'm returning from Vegas on the same day and my plane doesn't get in until around 630P.

Sniper- Tom and I have talked a bit about Striper fishing at Jordan Lake and he speaks very highly of you. I'll pass your greeting along.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

Darn, was hoping it was on wednesday the 11th not thursday. I believe I'll be driving the bus down to st. pauls for a 7 on 7.

I probably won't be able to make any of the meetings from here until the end of football. Ya'll have fun with this stuff and keep us updated on the different things ya'll are doing.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Dang Coach, Sounds like the Football schedule really has you wrapped for now. I hope that your still getting a chance to wet a line.

Alk, is bringing his laptop and projector to the meeting so, we can look at everyone's fishing photos this time. So, if you want to show off your catches, bring your photos on a flashdrive and Al will show them off for you.

Wings and Pizza tomorrow night folks.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts

Looks like Jeffo and I are free tomorrow night. (And it's my turn to drive.) Got room for two more?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

Won't be a whole lot of wetting lines for a while. Free time is wife's time.

·
Registered
464 Posts

I had a blast tonight guys thanks alot! It was good to meet those of you I hadnt met before. And thanks a bunch Tom for the food and drinks.

I know everyone decided on a new name for the ffc. Welp. I already forgot what it was haha. So post it up and I'll get to work on a new flyer. and post it here. any feed back will be great! and well appreciated.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks to everyone who came out for our meeting , last night. it was our largest crowd so far, with 13 in attendance. Thanks to Lefty and Jeffonnc for driving all the way from RTP to be with us. Also, to Keith and Jeanette Gallaher coming straight from the airport after a long day of travel. Especially thanks to Tom Morketter of Tarheel Fish and Game for allowing us to use his business to gather, after hours.

Yes, our one piece of business was a name change to our group. We had some discussion over the fact the word club delivered a sense that dues and formality is required. So, we have decided to change our name to the Fayetteville Area Angling Network. We feel that this title is a bit more inviting to people and they will be more encouraged to join us when they hear about the network.

Also, we will have some sort of program (I.E. Fly tying, Cast net throwing, or manufacturer's reps present) built around each of our meeting to add some fun and to providing some learning opportunities for each of us. Next month the topic will be knot tying.

We had two great slide presentations, last night. First up was Al Kittredge who gave a very informative about his trip to Alaska. Not only did we have some beautiful pictures but Al gave us some great travel tips, as well. Second, Lefty provided us with some very exciting pictures and the story of a Kayak and Sea Monster that got away. Thanks to both of you it really made for a great meeting.

If you haven't signed up and want to be part of our Network, PM or e-mail me your Real name, Board Name, Location, e-mail address and phone # and I'll add you to our roster. Remember, there are no dues. Our mission to share fishing information and to help people get together to enjoy fishing opportunities together.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to our future together.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.