NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have selected September 14th -16th as the date for the FAAN fishing trip. We will gather at Carolina Beach State park on September 14th to select our campsites and possibly begin fishing that evening.

Please, let me know if you plan to attend and if you plan to bring boat and how many non-boaters you can accommodate.

Also, we need to know if have tents or campers and have sleeping accommodations for other members.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Capt: Todd Streeter e-mailed me and said "He's in". Todd already has the fishing spots picked out. We now have three boats so we can accomodate 5 non-boaters so far.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Park fees[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Boat ramp: $5 per launch.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Camping[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Camping in non-electric sites: $15 per day, per site; $10 per day for senior citizens ages 62 and older. A picnic table and grill are located at the campsite. Water, restrooms and shower facilities are located nearby. A dump station for RVs is provided free of charge to campers.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Group campsites: $1 per person with an $9 minimum. Picnic tables, fire circles and pit toilets available. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Dump station: $12 for non-campers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Returned check fee: A returned check fee of $25 will be charged for all returned checks. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]I haven't lauched from this ramp but it is a well maintained ramp with several boat slips as well. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Hard to plan things this far in advance for most of us.. It will pick up as time gets closer!!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It bears mentioning that we can team up at these campsites to keep the individual cost of the trip down. I'll have plenty of room in my vehicle for two or three more folks from the Fayetteville area to ride, as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hard to plan much shorter than this for some of us :)

People can ride with me as a well. I will try and find my tent and stuff. Not luxurious accomodations, but dry!

Keith

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Always good to start early. Just dont get discouraged if many change at the last minute..some drop out , some jump in... that's life.:)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Backlash I am planning on coming and hope to have a tent. Not sure if I will have an engine for my puddle jumper or not. I'll let you know as time approaches.

Jim

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm gonna try to be there. Might put the wife in a hotel though....she wants to go but wants a place to relax as well.. :) I dont know the area, so when you say boat what kind of fishing are we planning? I cant do offshore or anything seriously shallow either. I would welcome someone that knows saltwater boating but needs a ride..

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm gonna try to be there. Might put the wife in a hotel though....she wants to go but wants a place to relax as well.. :) I dont know the area, so when you say boat what kind of fishing are we planning? I cant do offshore or anything seriously shallow either. I would welcome someone that knows saltwater boating but needs a ride..

Sundrop I know how it is with the wife not wanting to sleep outside in a tent. My wife will do about anything with me EXCEPT camping. She said her idea of fun is not roughing it why would anyone in their right mind want to sleep on the ground with bugs.

·
Registered
195 Posts
One does not have to sleep on the ground to enjoy all the other aspects of camping. I have some cots. Perhaps someone has a camper (I recently sold mine). I am looking forward to the evening campfire, grilled food, and perhaps a few adult beverages, amost as much as I am looking forward to the fishing!

Keith

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sundrop I know how it is with the wife not wanting to sleep outside in a tent. My wife will do about anything with me EXCEPT camping. She said her idea of fun is not roughing it why would anyone in their right mind want to sleep on the ground with bugs.
Actually she doesnt mind the bugs and dirt. She just wants the comforts of a hot shower and a quiet place when she has had enough of our "fishing stories"..:rolleyes:.LOL...

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds Great . We might have to twist a few arms but it's starting to shape up. I think that will be a great place to do a little cast net clinic, maybe you could help us out with that?

·
Registered
715 Posts
So far, we have :
backlash
kjgallaher
chasintail
Bob Schwirzke
Tadpole1

Anyone else in for the fun, yet?
Tom I think I will have my daughters boyfriend, Ernie going and I think Rob Latta said he was going but that was before he started his new job so not sure about Rob.

Jim

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.