NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a 7-6 M rod and like what I am seeing and reading about the Falcon Low Rider Salt series rods. http://www.falconrods.com/lowrider-salt.html Looks like C.A. Richardson had a hand in designing the Low Rider Flats Class. Any of you guys fishing one or had your hands on one? None of the local shops have them so I cant put 1 in my hands right now. I am fishing Teramar, Compre Inshore and St Croix rods now, just curious about the Falcon.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I have a Low Rider I use for bass fishing. No complaints. I can speak much for sensitivity though because i use that rod primarily for topwater, big square bills and spinner/buzzbaits.

·
Registered
126 Posts
First if you add a TFO to your list that's exactly what I have. However, I personally would not get another Falcon. For me I really like the teramar over all others. Just sold a falcon xg coastal and figured that I will keep the low rider. My St Croix is a custom rod. Hate to say it the action is better on the shimano to me. Just so you know I only fish artificals and usually have them on a 1/8-1/4 oz jig head. Also all are 7'6" except the teramar its 7'4"???

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK I do not like the 7'6" flats class spinning low rider salt. Reason personal preference and action. It is rated light. Just did not work for the purpose it was bought. Fit and finish is fine. Quality of materials is also fine. To me it is not better than the others you have. You may like it I do not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.