NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good go to flies for the up coming bass fishing. Seeing as how the nights are getting cooler and the days hopefully in a couple months, what kind of flies are going to be the ones to use. First fall fishing for bass so any help would be appreciative.

Also any body got any advice on spinning deer hair, i cant get it as tight and evenly around the hook .

Thanks

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I love large Poppin Bugs early morning this time of the year. With the Bass moving shallow and feeding in schools , I also like minnow patterns. My favorites are Deceivers, Polar Fibre Minnow, and Enrico Puglis Peanut Bunker flies.

I haven't got around to spinning deer hair yet. I'm sticking to the perfect poppers for now.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Hey Corey- I'm flattered that you would ask but I barely have enough time to tie for myself. I'm always looking for a new supplier of fly tying materials. I try to buy locally if I can but the selection of materials here in Fayetteville is rather limited. I would be happy to help you in any way that I can. You might want to check out this website; Fly Fishing Retailer

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Corey- I'm flattered that you would ask but I barely have enough time to tie for myself. I'm always looking for a new supplier of fly tying materials. I try to buy locally if I can but the selection of materials here in Fayetteville is rather limited. I would be happy to help you in any way that I can. You might want to check out this website; Fly Fishing Retailer
Thanks for the tip. I will eventually expand into fly fishing supplies, just something I need to research a little more. I appreciate the advice and the link to fly fishing retailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.