NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THURSDAY 9-29-05: You may have noticed I haven't been here for a while, the server that carries this site has had a bug and was down about all week, but, WE' RE BACK, FINALLY!!! The king bite has been good on the beach this week when you could get out. Tuesday was a little rough, but the fish bit. The piers have been on fire this week with double digit king catches being reported. We were booked to fish the US OPEN this weekend ,but some emergency surgery(not on me), nipped that in the bud at the last minute!!! The winds are reported to blow 30+ knots from the NE, beach should be fine, but don't let it give you that false sence that it is calm offshore, and if you venture out very far, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! It can get nasty real quick!!! OK you local fishermen, you know who you are, the ones fishing the US OPEN, let's show everybody that Southport is a force too be reckoned with when it comes to king mackeral fishing, GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE US OPEN!!!! CATCH 'EM UP!!!! Oh Yeah, be sure to sign up for the FISHERMANS POST FISHING SCHOOL to be held at VECTOR MARINE in WILMINGTON, NC on February 25th. Seating is limited, so give Gary a call @ (910)452-6378 or email [email protected] for more information. Don't wait or all the seats will be gone!! Capt. Chris and I will be doing a Blue Water Seminar and a Bottom Fishing Seminar and between those we will be at a rigging station showing you how to rig up for your favorite species. So come on, get signed up and come on out, bring your questions, and enjoy the PIG PICKIN' and get honed up for the upcoming fishing season in 2006!!! Till next time, FISH ON!!! Capt. Butch Foster, Capt. Chris Foster, and Bodie(the fish dog says HI.!!! YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS, SOUTHPORT,NC. (910)845-2004. www.yeahrightcharters.com

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Capt. Butch. Glad to see you here, but I'm not sure what you mean about the server having a bug and being down. We've been up all week and to my knowledge haven't been down at all for months. Are you referring to your internet access provider instead?

Thanks for introducing yourself, the Yeah Right Charter crew and for telling us about the fishing school. You can add a link to your site if you like by going to our NCangler.com Links. We'd appreciate it if you could return the favor by adding a link to us from your site. I've preprogrammed some html web links for text, button or banner links that you can see at our "Link to Us" page. Just copy the html code of the link you want to use and paste it into the html code of the page on your site where you'd like the link to appear. Thanks for considering this and let us know if we can help.

Tight lines!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
That fishing report is a copy/paste job from their web site, so I'm sure his reference to the server being down was the server that hosts his charter service's web pages.

This one has been working great as always!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Thanks Hampstead. I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure.

There is a part of me that wants to draw a line on how much advertising promotion we should allow in forum posts, but I'd rather leave things "open" in that regard figuring that more information is better than not enough. If the membership wants to set some guidelines at some point though let me know. Thanks to all of you for your participation here! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you are right.The report is a copy and paste. It was my site that was down, didn't think how that would sound on another site. Sorry!! I don't usually advertise this much but we have a lot going on right now and feel it is part of my duty as a Charter Captain to let the fishing public know what is going on and when and where. I can remember when I was getting started good honest info. was nearly impossible to find. We at YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS are trying ever so hard too fill a gap that is long over due. I am usually welcomed on 99.9% of the fishing forums because we report the fishing as it really is and also because we report consistently on a regular basis. It takes a lot of time for me to stop and do these reports as we post on approx. 30 sites all around the world. If the advertising is a bit too much, Please let me know, and I will pull out. I read your comment on your feelings about the ad, and now I am not sure if you still really want the posts, I will honor your decision totally with no hard feelings if you decide they are not suiteable for your forum. Either case, I have placed your banner on my links page.

FISH ON!!!!
Capt. Butch

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Thanks for the reply Capt. Butch. Accurate fishing reports are definitely welcome! And please feel free to include a link to your site, and contact information in your signature. If the posts focus on fishing information and tips for NC anglers I think folks will appreciate it and hopefully you'll get some business from someone looking for a charter. Thanks for joining us and participating. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.