NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the yak out yesterday after work. Got to ledge rock at about 4:30. Headed north and hit the 1st and 3rd coves on the left after the boat ramp. Started at the first one and threw a 6" black with red flake zoom lizard Texas rigged with a 3/16 oz weight and a 3/8 oz white and grey chatterbait with a pearl caffeine shad trailer. I worked my way along the edge of the grass and had a good bite/hookup in the grass on the lizard but lost him in the grass before I could get him out. Worked my way all along that cove then headed to the 3rd cove on the left while letting the wind blow me there I ditched the chatterbait and beat the banks with a white and chartreuse 1/2oz war eagle double willow spinnerbait. Got to the third cove at probably 7pm and continued using the spinnerbait and lizard down the grass on both sides. Still no bites. Threw a weightless wacky green pumpkin red flake senko at all the visible timber I could see and still nothing. Finally I started throwing a strike King shadilicous sexy chad hollow belly with a vmc 3/16 oz weighted swimbait hook as I got to the back of the cove and caught this nice 2-3 lb bass in about 2 ft of water all the way back in the cove as far as I could go. All in all it was a slow day but very nice outside and I had a great time being on the water. Paddled back to the ramp at 9pm or so in the dark and the water was slick as glass without a boat or person to be seen. Hand Fisherman Fish Recreational fishing Fishing

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was out starting around noon the same day up north of Hickory Hill with my Jon boat. Only caught a small one and a catfish hitting the shorelines with a chatterbait. But pitching a small jig to cover in a foot or more of water I was able to get numbers and some quality.

Which made me wonder; does anyone do any good fishing the standing timber across from Ledge Rock? I've only fished from Ledge half a dozen times and always want to fish it more but never do any good. I know vertical cover is not as good as a lay down and they are off shore but just wondering. I rarely see people hitting it.

Thanks for the report!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.