NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a short paddle this afternoon. Thought I might run into shemstreet or d-el or bassblues or somebody. There were about 5 other kayaks out, all sit-ins and only one of them was fishing. Water is still a little off-color from last week's rains. Caught just one little white, right after launching at Upper Barton Creek. Started seeing fish on the finder after the funnel area in Upper Barton and out toward the channel. All of them in channel areas, suspended about 15' down. I keep saying I'm going to get some bait and drift that depth... maybe next time.

Wondering if anybody has been up to the eno river ramp recently and knows what the water is like and whether you can launch a kayak up there?

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Got out for a short paddle this afternoon. Thought I might run into shemstreet or d-el or bassblues or somebody....
I was fishing, but not on Falls. I decided to try a little shoreline fishing at Big Lake in Umstead State Park. I caught 4 bass, the biggest probably 11'', the smallest was roughly 1.5x the size of the inline spinner that I caught him on. I told my buddy that a fingerling bass like that trying to eat that spinner would be the equivalent of a 6 foot man trying to eat a 4 foot hotdog. He took a pic, when he sends it to me, I'll post it. (Or maybe I won't :D I wouldn't want to get the reputation of a small fish catcher......)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wondering if anybody has been up to the eno river ramp recently and knows what the water is like and whether you can launch a kayak up there?
Jeff, I launched my little boat from the Eno ramp last week Sunday, just to get on the water. Water was definitely stained, and there was a lot of debris floating along. We got skunked, but folks on the banks were having a good time pulling up what looked like sunfish.

We only went about a mile and a half down the river, but in that distance my fish finder did not read any less than 4 feet of depth, so kayaks should not be a problem.

Here are a couple of pictures I took, which will at least show the color of the water. The first one is actually at the Eno ramp.

-E
Water Boat Plant Plant community Watercraft
Water Boat Sky Plant community Watercraft

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Jeff!

The only thing I have done so far on that boat is patch the leaks, replace the rotted wood, and get it registered (an adventure in itself, since the original owner of the boat was deceased). I still wanted to maybe put a deck on the inside and fix the middle bench with some kind of removable table or stand so I keep things at a handy level instead of on the floor or on the bench next to me. I also haven't tried out the boat with the outboard motor yet. That is my Christmas gift from my dad, and is waiting for me down in Miami where he lives.

For right now, it will get me on the water and fishing, though, so I am happy with it.

-E

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Wish I could find a steal like that!! make a nice creek, backwater boat..

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hi Jeff, I was on Falls Sunday, but had the CC out to get the engine a little workout since it had been three weeks or more. Trolled from the dam back to about mile marker 3. Had one hit that came off on the way back to the boat, probably a little bass. Came back in to UB around 11:00 to beat the rush. Pier could use another section to give enough room to tie up and get the trailer in the water but at least there was still plenty of water at the ramp.

Would have yakked Saturday but wind too much for me after last weekend. Maybe this weekend, will watch the fishing reports to see what people are finding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.