NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else on the board fish here? Still in learning mode, decided to try both minnows and night crawlers in the hjopes of getting some crappie and maybe a cat or two.

Water was decent, except down by the dam when the front came through got a little windy. As for our fishing style, mainly we were drifting on the bottom, although when the wind kicked up I am sure we were well above the bottom.

Fish - one keeper crappie (decent size, plus he swallowed the hook and was going to die anyway). This came in about 18 feet of water while stil in Bartons Creek. One small 11-12" channel cat, caught him off the flats to the left after you pass under the 98 bridge and take the left bend. He went back in the water. Last fish, smaller crappie just north of the dam in mid channel. Tossed it back.

All fish caught on small crappie size minnows. Not a nibble on the night crawlers. Lots of bass boat, but did not see any fish caught.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or not doing, but this is getting a little frustrating. Probably back to trolling next week, will figure these fish out yet.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Shem -- wish I could help -- all I've got to offer is general encouragement. I'm hoping to try my hand at some of the channel cats left over from the stocking season at my local CFP lakes... Falls isn't too far away, but I figure I'd spend less gas learning on those closer to home...

Good luck, man
Lefty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.