NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool:Made a quick trip to Falls Lake for some Crappie. I caught 10 fish that were 10 inches or slightly bigger and was out of there by 1:30. I came home, cleaned fish, and watched the 500. Newman?! I bet no one saw that comeing!

The Crappie are still biting good. I went over to the Newlight Road bridge again and there was someone already working the channel, and soon after I set up someone else came and setup directly under the bridge. Well seemed like every time i looked over someone was reeling in a fish. Two guys were fishing from the bridge itself and they were hoisting them up too! I found that they were suspended at 16 feet and most of them came on minnows. Although I did catch a few on jigs too.

Nice quick trip!
REDBOAT

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice report REDBOAT. Glad to hear you got out for a while. I made it out Monday and the Crappie seemed to be steady the whole time I was fishing. They seemed maybe to slow a bit when I left at 1 pm but I had fun with them. Caught about 36 in all and several were real nice with one going 15 inches. The ones I cleaned were well on their way to developing full egg sac but not ready yet. I fished a dark green jig body with chatr tail that had some glitter strands in the tail and tiped with a minnow. Fish were right at the bottom at 18 foot in 20 foot of water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.