NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to stay close to the house today and I am glad I did too! Just a nice and easy day. I did not get on the water untill going on noon. I put in at the 50 Ramp and headed down lake.. Started at MM#8 infront of the boat ramps. Picked up just a few there.. fish were big enough to live in my aquarium :S so I picked up and moved back up lake toward the newlight road bridge. Thats where I found them. Fish were 18 feet deep over 30ish feet of water. All fish were cauught between the bridge and the uplake bouy. I just kinda moved back and fourth.. the fish seemed to want to bait moveing. As for what I used, it was minnows and jigs and seemed like what ever I put down was catching fish. :cool: When i got done I stopped over by the spillway.. FishCrazy was there and he a good stringer going for him too!

-REDBOAT

·
Registered
840 Posts
I heard yesterday that ppl were slaying the crappie up around the new light bridge between 15 - 18 ft. I gotta find a baby sitter so I can get out there and get me some!!! Thx for the report.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sweet !!! Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Redboat you did have nice crappie day there. I ended up with about 20 fish for the day. You have inspired me to drag out the canoe and try to find some easier fishing than clawing down a rocky shore with all that gear and then hauling out a stringer of fish. I just need to rig up the canoe for some easier fishing and loading of the thing onto the cartop.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
wow it's been a while since i heard of crappie being caught at the spillway. do you go all the way up to the spillway or downstream redboat?
I think he's talking about the Beaverdam spillway into the main lake. A crappie would need boots to get up to the Falls Dam spillway with as little water as they're letting out right now.

(for all I know, you're talking about the beaverdam spillway too!)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A crappie would need boots to get up to the Falls Dam spillway with as little water as they're letting out right now.
Yeah! but fishing can be good when the do let water out. I actually like to fish down stream of the actual spillway. There is a good spot right across from the Kayak shop, also downstream from the bridge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.