NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lake is nice and full as of today, but watch for logs and such drifting around. The fishing was awful. Caught nothing and not even a bite in 4 hours. One guy said he got one small one. I've never really liked Falls, but it's the closest lake to me. I didn't go to Harris as planned, woke up late and it was still crummy out. I tried some night crawlers after a while just to catch SOMETHING and I caught NOTHING! The low water levels and sudden rising must have done something to them

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Don't know how much rain you got in your area, I have a little over 4 inches. Water is everywhere. river is full and the swamps.

Great fishing lies ahead after the water goes down it should be warmer and settled.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Don't write off Falls yet. With the weather lately it has been weird everywhere......

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
For my time & effort, Falls has never been a great early season bass fishery. Never have figured out pre-spawn and spawn fishing there (in 15 years of on&off trying). No weeds, no weed edges, no visibility, every clay bank looks the same, every cove looks the same, every creek looks the same. My best early season success has been fishing up in flooded brush and timber when the water has been a few feet above normal. From June onward, it gets much better for me...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Falls is man-made primarily, and isnt that old as lakes go. There is alot of underwater structure out in seemingly empty places. I think the bass tend to hold to these areas longer because of the constant and sometimes extreme changes in Falls water levels. Spend more time watching the finder for these structures and concentrate more on them and see how that pays off.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.