NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fished falls from 5:30 am till noon. I too got 5 bass and yep all small. My buddy got 10 bass, 8 small, one 17 inch and one 18 inch. Went out again later in the day with a different boat/buddy from about 5 to 8:30pm. I got nothing but buddy did manage 1 16 inch.

All 16 of these fish where taken on shacky head on various worms in junebug color. We really dont fish it shakey style but bring it back to the boat like a Texas rig.

My question is, in situation like this when your only getting small ones, what should you do? I tried buzzbait and rapala floating minnow early in the morning, later i threw some spinnerbaits, sticky bait worms, wacky style worms, toward evening we tired some topwater and did get one blowup but nothing worked except the shackey head junebug worm and for me it only got me 5 small ones. What should/could I do differently to get more and bigger fish?

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well yall still did better than I did. I was out there from 8 till 4, and got nothing more than a perch, a couple brim, and 4 or 5 cats (none more than 10-12" long). I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. Put in on the north end of the lake, and was rarely in water deeper than 4 or 5 foot. Should I be fishing the lower end? Ran a rubber worm carolina rigged, crankbait, and nightcrawlers (nightcrawlers having the only success). My ju-ju must be off....been skunked for almost a month now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cobra- i guess just to try bigger baits. you may get fewer bites but they might be better quality fish. last sunday i caught a 5 pounder on falls on a heddon spook topwater.

turnbluetored-we caught most of the all of our fish near the dam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never been to falls but i would go a little deeper...try some drop offs and throw a spinnerbait or a split shot rig around docks too...all the bass i have been catching have been a little deeper than i would have expected them to be...they also seem to really be tearing up my little rapala shad rap crankbait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.