NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived at the Upper Barton ramp, observed 8 trailers in the parking lot. I spoke with a fisherman leaving and he showed me a catfish about 5 lbs that he caught on a minnow. I launched the Skiff around 3:30pm and began trolling towards the dam. I hooked the first bass just before getting to the turn heading for the 98 highway bridge. I then began casting to the bank and quickly caught the second bass. In the next hour, 2 more bass and one crappie were landed, all caught on a small Shad-Rap. The lake was very low with many stumps and rocks showing in the shallow water. The water was fairly clear. It was a beautiful day to be fishing!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeffonc, No I didn't notice the stuck cruiser....I missed that location by turning to the left of the island and heading toward the 98 bridge. Shucks, I wished I had looked to see if it was still there. I was more concerned not to run aground myself or worse yet, striking my engine propeller on a rock in the shallow water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.