NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hearing of crappie bank action at falls lake this fall? Talked to a guy yesterday implied he has heard it is picking up just looking for fishing confirmations. I may head out tomorrow night to give it a try

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I have no info other than the water temps are dropping so it's time... If you wait until you "hear" they are biting you're missing it..

Reactions: froggy waters

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to have t try the fishing pier but closing at 8pm is a pain. Went last night to a spot in beaverdam and than main lake managed 5 very small white bass and not a single crappie. My first spot right after I left a Jon boat came in and gave away a bunch of crappy to this lady that was fishing next to me.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I hate the fact they close the public accesses at 8pm (or earlier) and don't open until like 8am (if they show up then) but I guess it is a safety and personnel issue. I used to fish a few places up and down Old Weaver rd, and New Light rd.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate the fact they close the public accesses at 8pm (or earlier) and don't open until like 8am (if they show up then) but I guess it is a safety and personnel issue. I used to fish a few places up and down Old Weaver rd, and New Light rd.
I am tempted to try my spring to e hot spots off lay downs but I had heard they tend to not be I. Those spots in fall.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Landed three nice slabs about 630 this morning but the darn wind picked up and the bite died

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What bait were you using for the crappie? Just curious question? If the crappie are moving shallow then why would they not be where they are in the spring also in the fall?
using minnows. I haven't yet tried my usual spring spots since all reports I am seeing are saying they are in 12 - 15 foot of water. My spring lay downs are about 5 feet max. I m going to try a new bridge spot tomorrow night and maybe if that doesn't work head to one of my spring favorites another evening. All reports I am hearing is late night catches near and from bridges ( yes fishing from bridges is not allowed but until the sheriff chases them away there seem to be a lot of folks fishing bridges )

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are y'all using lights from the bank or just fishing the minnows under a float?
Thx
Lights to help see the bobbers and live minnows. In spring I have had good luck on jigs under a float.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hit a spot I hit last saturday morning and was able to get 10 nice crappie, a small catfish ( it was released ), 2 small yellow perch and a bunch of small white perch. 2 more meals for the freezer. Fish were biting at about 6 foot deep in very deep water

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went out yesterday morning got to lake about 645am. Bite got going about 8am till 930 whe wind started picking up. About 815 or so a boat decides to come and anchor right at the edge of my cast area. Luckily the bite was slow during the 10 minute they were there and they decided to head off for different pastures. I couldn't believe they just pulled right into spot I was working. After they left got five more for the bucket. Total of 10 nice fish for the freezer. All hit minnows 8 feet down.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
pretty sure gates are locked at dusk, which stinks because now that's 5pm and its just time for them to start biting good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.