NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived at Upper Barton Creek around 3pm today, there were only 4 truck/trailers in the parking lot. I took off east made the left turn and headed for the Hwy 98 bridge. I fished in several coves off the main lake. I caught 2 bass, both around 16-18" on of all things, a Devil's Horse. They knocked the daylights out of that lure, reminded me of the old days. I spent some time fly fishing for bream with a #10 yellow popper, caught a dozen or so but they were small, only 3 were hand sized....the rest about 3 fingers wide, and 4" or so long. Where are the old bull nosed dark bluegills we used to catch? Water was low, fairly clear, my temp gauge showed 87 degrees for the most part. Schools of small shad were swimming in the coves and there were periodic strikes in the shad schools but they looked like small crappies or white bass, I didn't try to catch any. By the way, when I had to leave around 7:15pm, there were about 30 vehicles/trailers in the parking lot with lots of jet ski's and joy riders buzzing over the lake. Fun for all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.