NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys having success at falls with lately. I went out in the yak this morning, caught a nice 5-6lb bass right off the bat this morning on a texas rigged pumpkin trick worm with chartrurse tipped tailin some grass. After that I threw different spinnerbaits, a jig, swim jigs, and different soft plastics and got nothing. I fished shallow the whole time. I was just wondering what colors you guys are using right now and what baits yall are using. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fished for about 3-4 hours today on falls off six forks in the kayak. Just worked the banks and caught 5 bass all on berkley powerbait motoroil worms Texas rigged. It was slow at first but then found decent little cove and landed 4 in about 30 minutes. All were around 1lb except one that was about 2-3.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Shallow, shade, wood close to deep water is where you will find them. Finesse presentations are going to be better right now, wacky rigs, wieghtless t-rig, shakey head.

BUT if you catch them active banging a chatter/spinner bait off wood will get a strike.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
74 Posts
What are you guys having success at falls with lately. I went out in the yak this morning, caught a nice 5-6lb bass right off the bat this morning on a texas rigged pumpkin trick worm with chartrurse tipped tailin some grass. After that I threw different spinnerbaits, a jig, swim jigs, and different soft plastics and got nothing. I fished shallow the whole time. I was just wondering what colors you guys are using right now and what baits yall are using. Thanks for the help guys.
Did you catch it on your first cast? I have a superstition! If you catch a fish on your first cast.....get skunked the rest of the day. Happen to me many times lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts