NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have recently moved here and bought a boat. I have always fished with my dad on lake James very clear water and tons of cover on the shores. I have been fishing at falls 4 times and not caught a single bass! I NEED HELP!!! I have tried everything it seems. I have tried timber, points, creeks, coves. I have tried different lures spinner bait, crank bait, buzz bait, worm, jigs, umbrella, top water, all of them in several different colors. I think i am switching it up to much and not fishing the right spots with the right lures long enough. I know people are catching fish because recent tournaments have been catching fish. Has anyone fished this lake recently and have any tips? What kinda structure to fish, what lures, what colors (with the murky water), and should I look for certain stuff on the sonar?
Thanks ,DIllon

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I havent been on Falls since July but this time of year at Falls there can be a good offshore bite on points and humps and also a good shallow bite around shad in the backs of the creeks. I would start out in the backs of creeks and larger cuts looking for shad and throwing spinnerbaits, square bill cranks, lipless crankbait and a spook pretty much trying to cover water on the flats from 0-4 ft, dont be scared to kick up a little mud and fish in a foot or less of water. If that doesnt work move out of the creek a little to 4-10 ft and try some deeper diving crankbaits and fishing thoroughly fishing any visble structure with a jig or tx rig. Keep an eye on your graph, if you arent seeing shad and arent getting bit, thats a good sign that its time to look elsewhere, move out of the creek a little more and look again. if I cant get bit doing that I usually go to looking offshore with a carolina rig looking for humps or points with shad.

Hardbiats in citrus or firetiger colors usually work good and plastic in darker colors such as green pumpkin and black.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.