NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I may actually have a chance to go fishing tomorrow and I was wondering what the water looks like up at Falls Lake. Anybody been up there lately? Mainly just need the water clarity and water temperature. Thanks. Joe

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks like water temp near the dam is just under 49 degrees. Not sure about water clarity though. You can go to http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=02087182 for current temps at the pumping station near the dam. I'm going to do some bass fishing on Sunday. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a few fish and will post a report. Hope you find them tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

-Justin

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. If I do make it there tomorrow I'll let you know how we do. Hoping to find a good bite before the tournament next weekend. Nothing major, it's just a small club tourney...... I need to feel a tug soon or I'm gonna lose it!! LOL

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I spent six hours on a boat with another angler and we managed a BIG FAT 0 in bites. I did snag about 6 shad however. Water was 48 in warmest spot we found clarity as about as good as falls gets. Tried for crappie last night managed 1!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully this warm weather will continue and get the water temps up. Last year I had really good results on one my custom wake baits but it was much warmer. Tournament is on the 29th so a lot can change from now to then as far as the water temp goes. 55+- would be good with me, got a lot of new crankbaits to try out. ;) Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mouth Jaw Finger Nail Sports gear

One of my newest creations. These are headed to Alabama but I kept one for myself ;) Strike King 8.0 Square Bill in Raging Redman. I think these will be awesome at a place like Falls with the abundance of better than average size bass in there.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Especially along all the rip rap rocky areas. Anyhting craw should do well if the temp comes up a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.