NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any information on the fishing conditions for Falls Lake? How is the bass fishing?

Heading down to Falls on the 8th of August, trying to get ready for some serious (FUN) fishing.... :)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
water likly will be down a bit -as always in the summer-it likely will be crowded.-not a suprise- fishing is fair in the summer on falls. i have had decent luck using a green pumkin trick worm on a carolina rig.. or a lipless bait black back over chrome fished through the standing trees..

zooker

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Crappie will be in deeper water around cover and moving under docks and cover at night and in the early am. Cats at night on ledges and just above drops where they move shallower to feed, deep channels and thermoclines in the day suspended off the bottom. Bream in cover at all levels. Water is better with recent rainfall but it is the main drinking supply for the Triangle area so it is being stressed. Enough fish for fun! Enjoy and have one for me on the 8th since it is my Birthday!!! LOL...

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your more than welcome. I will certainly have one on the 8th for your birthday!

Have you got any specifics on the bass in falls for me. The bass are what we're going for. Years ago, probably 1996, I caught a nice 6 1/2 lb. bass at Falls, it was the biggest bass fish I had ever caught. I was so excited. Falls quickly became my favorite fishing spot. (imagine) But living in Pennsylvania now, there are some years I don't get back down there, and am not up on the "what's happening" on the lake.

I do appreciate all of your info, and assistance it helps me prepare for when I do get back home.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.