NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still preparing for my move down to Youngsville at the end of the month. Dropped off a boat at the self storage in Rolesville and headed out 98 to check out Falls Lake. Ended up at the ramp on 50. Seemed nice, lots of parking and six good ramps, 2 with pier.

Also supposed to be a closer ramp on Upper Bartons Creek, did not make it down there but one of the websites makes it look almost as good.

Lots of recreational boats and some fishing boats. For those that fish there, do the jet skis and recreational boaters start to fade out after Labor Day?

Anyone ever use the marina at the lake? Any good for trailer storage? Slip fees and availability?

I've seen some articles that depict this as a good crappie lake, any other fish worth chasing? Any striper?

How deep is this lake? What about the shallower parts, I draft around 1.5 to 2' with the engine down, am I in major danger of running aground, or will my depth finder give me fair warning? Is the channel well marked?

Just super curious, since it is the closest of the major lakes to the house. Also - I have Eagle and Lowrance GPS systems, are their lake map chips worth getting for Falls, Kerr, Gaston, and Jordan? Does Navionics do freshwater chips? Who makes or sells a good chart of these lakes?

Appreciate any available information.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I dont fish Fall's, so I cant help ya there, I have a buddy that does, they fish for crappie and bass and that's about all I know of the lake... sorry.

Yes, Navionics does have chart cards for inland waterways and lakes.
I have a Ray 435 plotter and I use the Navionics HOTMAPS card for it.
It gives me every lake from Georgia up thru W. VA. I feel it's worth the money, I use the chart card all the time for Jordan lake... and now that I do have it, I still wonder why I didnt get the chart earlier... LOT's of info on them things!! (i.e. such as underwater road beds, railways, underwater bridges, creek beds, flats,, etc.....)

I recommend Navionics electronic charting,,, it's good stuff!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.