NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over to Falls today and boy she looks great, an dthe fishing wasn' t that bad either....Fish were stacked up at HGWy 50 bridge in 25 -30 ft .
Crappie were biting light but biting, also throw out the big bait caught what looked like a Blue Cat? Has any one ever caught a blue in Falls?
Icing on the cake today was being able to open up the outboard and let her get some stretchingggggggggggggggggg...without worrying about smacking something.
Anybody seen the face lift Rolling View is doing? All new epay decking...They are also going to get a dry stacked storage too!
I guess there is a silver lining in every cloud.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I know the rivers down here suddely hit flood stage for a few days. Guess all the rain hit the right places!! Just in time for the spawn!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Still need some water, won't take long for this to diasppear. When the trees start budding and leafing, the sap starts running and they soak up a lot of water.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
840 Posts
Anybody seen the face lift Rolling View is doing? All new epay decking...They are also going to get a dry stacked storage too!
I guess there is a silver lining in every cloud.
A - D dock were severely damaged last year when a severe thunderstorm came through. They are using the insurance money to refurbish their facilities. They have had a rough ride over the past few years, but as you noted, things are finally turning around for the better.

I've attached a few photos that I took after getting the call.

The first photo is of the damage to D Dock, which was ripped away from the gang plank.

The second shows B Dock having been blown into C Dock.

The third shows A Dock sheared completely in 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
White jig tipped with crappie just drifting...coming in fromthe marina go to the far right of bridge a series of humps 13 to 33 ft right in there.

Greg thanks for the pics my boat was and still is at end of C dock, the folks out at the marina said I was lucky I did not another boat on the back of my transom.:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.