NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a family-friendly spot, not too pricey, preferably with some sun and sand for a spring break trip in April. MUST avoid the MTV beach party scene. Anybody have a recommendation?

I figure most of the Florida east coast is to be avoided this time of year, along with cancun and possibly the cheap bahamas trips - maybe somebody knows some family friendly spots among those. Looked at southern GA coast - easy drive (saves $$$), but doesn't look warm enough for my posse (looks great for fishing tho!).

Love to hear some recommendations from folks who've been there, done that...

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Looked at southern GA coast - easy drive (saves $$$), but doesn't look warm enough for my posse (looks great for fishing tho!).
??? What else would ya do on a vacation besides fish?

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
??? What else would ya do on a vacation besides fish?
Generally they sit on the sand, with occasional trips into the water, watching hour after hour of perfectly good fishing time slip away into the dustbowl of time. They also eat out and shop. I usually follow obediently beside, wishing I hadn't spent all this money not fishing. Such is life in estrogen-land.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Generally they sit on the sand, with occasional trips into the water, watching hour after hour of perfectly good fishing time slip away into the dustbowl of time. They also eat out and shop. I usually follow obediently beside, wishing I hadn't spent all this money not fishing. Such is life in estrogen-land.
LOL

I hear ya. I suppose it's fortunate for me... my kids are in different schools, with different spring break schedules. The unfortunate part is that my wife still wants to travel and spend money -- so she and my son are taking off, leaving me to work and my daughter to complain about high school. What Fun!!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
If it were me Mexico beach, Cape San Blas, or St George Island. Mexico Beach did have a pier where you could sight fish for cobia and still be within sight of each other. Spanish and cobia would be the main fishing attractions. The spring breakers all flock to PC Beach and points west.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.