NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about a mile from the access to section 3 of the Dan river. Over the years you had to drag your boat down a steep bank under the bridge and parking was mostly a side of the road thing. Recently I noticed a small parking area on the other side of the road and assumed the landowner was allowing access thru his property. Today I went out in that direction to get gas for my mower and couldn't believe my eyes. The NC Wildlife commission has built a beautiful access area complete with fenced parking area and concrete steps down to the river. My wife told me that they had also repaired the access on highway 704 where you take out for section 3. This access was in bad need of some work as the road was washed out to the point I wouldn't have driven a car down it. The next time someone wants to complain about license fees take a look at things our money is going for. It looked so nice I returned with my camera and took some pics.,enjoy!

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Nice... that's great to see. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Mic how is it we have never met .. I live in Danbury .. now anyway . They were also doing sampling of species and census information last week on multiple strechs of the river . I quest when they show up it is in full force

·
Registered
81 Posts
i was just there yesterday, and, like you, was pleasantly surprised at the new access area. caught a couple smallies, a couple trout, a couple sunfish and this chub that wasn't pleased to meet me ...

Insect Terrestrial animal Grass Terrestrial plant Marine biology

not sure there are any big fish in that stretch, but it's still good to see new opportunities open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.