NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farmer Lake is a little bitty lake just southwest of the little bitty town of Yanceyville, but according to the pictures on the Ranger's bulletin board, I got the impression that there are/were some hellacious bass in there. Those pictures came from pre-spawn and spawn time this spring. This summer was a different story: small, shallow, with a very shallow upper end, it heats up fast. The Ranger told me that it was hard to learn the lake, particularly in the hot months. I asked myself: self, how hard can it be? I've got fish finders, I've got Rapala, I've got KVD stuff, ****, I've got Gulp! Answer: I caught two non-keepers during three trips. I'm no pro Bassmaster, but geez.... I'm hoping that fall temperatures will cool things off and bring the big guys out from under wherever they are hiding so maybe I can recover my ego, which was crushed not once but three times. I suspect that the Ranger brought a big bass over from Randleman, kept it alive in a barrel, then had all of his friends hold it one at a time for the pictures. And he seemed like such a nice guy! :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.