NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Wesley, known here as jedi-bassmaster, and his family came in from KS this past weekend to sepnd Father's Day here in NC and we have been having a great time!

He just returned from Afghanistan about 3 weeks ago so this was more than just a Father's Day celebration...it was a welcom home celebration as well!

They are leaving tonight to head back to his home base of Ft Riley, KS but we have ahd a great time doing all kinds of things...soem of which was fishing. of course!

Saturday, we headed to Lake Norman State Park for the afternoon/evening. We had some fine dining that included KFC with all the fixins and then we headed out in the boat.

With the water temps in the main lake around 80, I headed into the river to find 73 degree water and some active bass. Super flukes, jerk baits and a spinner bait put some fish in the boat for Wesley, his wife Suzie and me.
photo 1.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 4.jpg

Sunday, with the very appreciated generosity of dbeam (Darrell), we took on Lake Hickory. I haven't fished Hickory before and I wanted to get on it to scout for a tournament this coming Saturday with Kelli.

After a couple hours of testing the waters with only a couple hits, Wesley and I broke for lunch. Afterward, adding Suzie and one of their sons, Carter, we went up river to try the cooler water. It doesn't take too long for a 5 year old to get bored while bass fishing so I turned it into a white perch kind of day. We went way up river and with some inline spinners, we started catching white and yellow perch and had a blast! Carter got into the action a bit and the day for that 5 year old was saved!

photo 5.jpg

No bass...but lots of fun!

Thanks, Darrell!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts