NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up Guys . Here are the Fly Fishing Clinic dates for the John E Pechman Fishing Center. The courses address casting, Knots , equipment, and Fly Tying. You also get about three hours to practice your new skills on the ponds that are stocked with Rainbows and Brookies. I haven't heard the cost for the 07 clinics but it was only $5. The center's phone # is 919-639-9332. Every class sold out last year so don't hesitate.
January 13th Basic Couse
Febuary 10th Basic Course
March 24th Advanced Course

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I've got to get to one of them. Just gotta figure out which one.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Backlash, a bud of mine wants to try this out. Does he need to have a fly rod or can he rent one there? He doesn't want to buy a rod until he gives it a try.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Appreciate it man. Are you gonna be at one? Trying to see which one of them best fits in my schedule. The one in jan or the one in feb. Prolly the jan one but we'll see what my bud says. He wants to attend this. He's interested but has never done it. Should be a real cool experience.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm planning to volunteer some time and help provide some of my ameteur instruction at the Feb and March events. I would be at the January class but work is getting in the way. It will be the best $5 that you have ever spent.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trout Arrive in Fayetteville

We have stocked the ponds for the upcoming Fly Fishing Clinics at the John E Pechman Fishing Education Center. Two ponds are stocked with a total of 1000 Rainbows, Browns, and Brookies. Most are appeared to be in the 12" range but I saw a few that could be as big as 14". Either way they should be some pretty nice sized fish for the clinics and will be some great fun. We even had a chance to get some local children involved and teach them a little about Trout and the stewardship of our fishing resource.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.