NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been painstakingly working til 1 am restoring my new boat to take with me on this fishing trip to Ocean isle this weekend all to find out that the trailer was not titled correctly to the last owner and i will not be able to take the boat with me to the coast because i have to wait for a new trailer title.

Just wanted to vent my frustation. guess i will be surf casting again

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am sorry to hear that, that is terrible!

Don't feel bad as I advertised a friend's boat on here and the guy is a great christian brother and it turned out that when he paid the boat off quite a while ago the bank never mailed him the payoff sheet. someone from Charlotte was very interested in the boat and drove up and was going to purchase it but backed out because my friend didn't have the payoff sheet. He got the payoff information from the bank and the other guy was still skeptical! So, my friend is still trying to sell the boat.

Mark

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'd haul it anyway. if you get stopped it is a no points ticket you can pay by mail or show registration in court and pay court costs.. But I'm not big on "the man" anyway..LOL

Reactions: LiveBait

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Human powered boats have fewer problems like that. you just toss them in the back of a pick up or on the roof. No red tape, no taxes, no fees, no motor problems and no trailer problems. That leaves you with more opportunities to "get out of the house" without going into the poorhouse.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the guys going with me on the beach trip is a winston cop and he says the highway patrol can make me park it where it is. that would suck. plus i have no tag whatsoever for it so id have to make one of those lost tag cardboard signs.

yeah there are times i wished i had gotten a kayak instead but i got a great deal on the boat and i have really enjoyed restoring it.

thanks guys

·
Registered
245 Posts
plus i have no tag whatsoever for it so id have to make one of those lost tag cardboard signs.
A durham police friend informed me that "supposedly" you don't have to display the trailer tag rather, have it with you. Being that it is durham, and I can say this b/c I lived there the majority of my life, he wouldn't leave it on b/c someone would steal it.

With that said, if you did try to tow it I would suspect that not having a tag would not be suspicious. I don't have a tag on my trailer and have yet (knock on wood) had a problem.

I too would like to see some pics. I take more pride in anything I put blood, sweat, and tears into. I bet you appreciate it ten times more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.