NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally feeling like a fisherman again. Last weekend a buddy and I hit a local reservoir and got 12 bass between the two of us. Nothing huge but we a few in the two pound range.
I had the biggest of the day, 2lb10oz on the almighty speedcraw which was the only thing producing for me that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Dog goned dink baits

For the record... that is Mr. Fish_Fiend, himself. That is a bass he caught on a speed craw.

Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Outdoor recreation

I know because he was fishing with me and I watched him catch the fish. Dink indeed! Tiny little 5'12" guppy. Probably that year's spawn, it was so small. Right Gene?

Nice fish, Kbullick... looks like the lake is still pretty close to full judging by that cypress tree. I really like the upper end of that place; if you haven't been all the way up there, it's some of my favorite water. Congrats on a good day of fishing!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Look at SurfRider with his pocket full of dimes! That fish was caught at Lucas as well. But there are not, I repeat, ARE NOT any fish left in Lucas.

Gene - RED >X< - Asheboro

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Dont usually try to make it all the way up there because I dont want to get stuck paddling back!
Definitely done that... once...

Take a spare batt or two. Worth it, imo. If you're solo, I can tell you that if you rent one of the Discovery Sports and take two good batteries, you've got enough juice to fish all day and not worry about the trip home. Jonboat, probably as well, but depends on the wind. That SW wind during summer can put a hurt on the last leg back. ;)

Look at SurfRider with his pocket full of dimes! That fish was caught at Lucas as well. But there are not, I repeat, ARE NOT any fish left in Lucas.

Hey I was only naming the bait, I didn't say anything about location. That's all on you, brotha! Now... since you said that, the 3 trips after that one out there I didn't catch squat. Maybe you're right.
:D

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely done that... once...

Take a spare batt or two. Worth it, imo. If you're solo, I can tell you that if you rent one of the Discovery Sports and take two good batteries, you've got enough juice to fish all day and not worry about the trip home. Jonboat, probably as well, but depends on the wind. That SW wind during summer can put a hurt on the last leg back. ;)
I've definitely had problems with the wind there before. But its even worse at the other reservoir, the wind blows against no matter which way you are going it seems.
I havent been able to get one of those canoes yet, but I keep it in mind everytime I go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.