NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got skunked again. It seems to be a trend for me this year.
2 years ago you couldn't keep me from catching bass, last year I tried a lot of new things, techniques and lures etc, and I caught a lot less.
So far this year I have spent hours at the river over a few days, and spent 10 hours in a john boat with a buddy on Saturday without a 1 fish caught between the two of us.
Im feeling the jinx settle on me. My go to farm pond, no bites. My 'confidence baits', no bites.
Hopefully I can turn this around, my confidence is waning.

Thanks for listening to me complain, here are a couple pictures I took Saturday. A nice foggy early morning start, clearing out to blue sunny skies. Lots of wildlife around, birds and turtles. Even saw some large carp or catfish jumping and attacking bait, but couldn't get a picture of them.
Water Sky Fog Natural landscape Lake
Water Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape
Water Lake Body of water Watercourse Line

·
Registered
704 Posts
Well I got skunked again. It seems to be a trend for me this year.
2 years ago you couldn't keep me from catching bass, last year I tried a lot of new things, techniques and lures etc, and I caught a lot less.
So far this year I have spent hours at the river over a few days, and spent 10 hours in a john boat with a buddy on Saturday without a 1 fish caught between the two of us.
Im feeling the jinx settle on me. My go to farm pond, no bites. My 'confidence baits', no bites.
Hopefully I can turn this around, my confidence is waning.

Thanks for listening to me complain, here are a couple pictures I took Saturday. A nice foggy early morning start, clearing out to blue sunny skies. Lots of wildlife around, birds and turtles. Even saw some large carp or catfish jumping and attacking bait, but couldn't get a picture of them.
View attachment 69795 View attachment 69796 View attachment 69797
When the water warms a little, you'll be back.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fished Saturday and Sunday -- one bass about 15 inches long. My fishing buddy today caught a nice blue catfish though. Didn't weigh him but I would guess at least fifteen pounds. He'll be swimming in grease later this week.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we were marking lots of fish at various depths. tried just about every type of bait and lure. spent a lot of time throwing a finesse jig with tiny pacas, weightless t-rigged worms, lipless cranks. my partner was throwing his set of different things. hit all the lay downs, hidden rock piles, creek beds etc.
just didnt get the right things in front of them i guess

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
well guys it like this,Warter is a little high in most placess.Temp has been cold & hot off & ON.Just slow it way down.the bite should be very slow.Get some more sunny and warm days ,it is going to break .Then they will be bitting like crazy.Warter will warm up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.