NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made another run at the Cobia this morning on a light SE wind. Had some folks tell me the fish had moved north in good numbers. We launched at OI about 10am and we were on the fish right outside the sea buoy. Very distinct temp change and green water. The first fish I laid eyes on was easily 65lbs. As soon as I saw him he dove and was gone. A few minutes later we pulled up beside a big leatherback and hooked up with two fish swimming below the turtle. Put 1 in the boat and pulled the hook on the other. First fish in the boat was a nice 45lb. In the next 3 hours we landed 4 more fish, released one of them at 35" to be safe. Wind came around from the NE and it got a little sporty, hard to see fish. All fish ate eels like candy. I watched 1 cast land 20 feet to the left of 2 fish swimming together, it was a sprint to see who could eat it first! Good day on the water and we got a buddy his first Cobia which was also a citation. Already looking forward to Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun, too bad my boat won't go where the cobia are. First pic looks like a crime scene, cool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.