NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard they are opening a Field and Stream store in Cary next week. Anyone know anything about them? I cant recall ever hearing of them or seeing one.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have heard they are opening a Field and Stream store in Cary next week. Anyone know anything about them? I cant recall ever hearing of them or seeing one.
Dick's Sporting Goods Outdoor Store? Field & Stream is their house brand…....

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Dick's tackle/hunting/camping without the team sports stuff + the stuffed beasties

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, if Dicks run it, no sense in even going in there. Cant stand that store.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
OPTI! I willy like that joke!

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
360 Posts
Will they honor my Dick's Scorecard reward's account? Doubt it. Also don't like they Field&Stream products. Flashlight 3 pack, all the switches died in about 6 months. Knockoff roostertails don't run right. I'll buy other brands there but F&S brand will need some really good reviews before I consider them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is opening this weekend (9/5). I have been inside and will be inside for some days/hours a lot in the future.

This is only their 4th store in the US. They are expanding. Its awesome inside.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Really not sure what to expect. F&S mag was a classic for generations, but the F&S line of products at Dick's has been anything but top tier IMO; mostly rebranded lower end and knock offs.

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Maybe the store will sell brand name merchandise. But Field and Stream branded stuff is imported junk. Some store brands are okay in some areas (Bass Pro has some decent fishing gear but they promote nothing but 'Redhead' clothing and footwear which I stay away from). Academy's H2O line is decent too but their CBG clothing is not. Bottom line is you will spend more money replacing cheap gear than you will buying the best you can afford the first time around. Columbia, Carhardt, mid to upper priced Shimano, Ray Bans....these brands and others will provide many years of good service and you will take good care of them to help protect your investment.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Will they honor my Dick's Scorecard reward's account? Doubt it. Also don't like they Field&Stream products. Flashlight 3 pack, all the switches died in about 6 months. Knockoff roostertails don't run right. I'll buy other brands there but F&S brand will need some really good reviews before I consider them.
I asked this when I visited the one up north, and IIRC they will honor the DSG's scorecard system as well as DSG's gift certificates, but DSG will not honor F&S gift certificates.

That is what I seem to remember. Also, they definitely had WAY more of a selection of fishing stuff (well, of everything) than any DSG store I have ever been in. The one up in PA also had a GREAT fly fishing section.

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
Looks like they carry some good brands!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I have some of the F&S rods that I really like. I wish they would replace the Dicks store in my area with a F&S.
I have a f&s rod as well and like it. I think I paid like 39$ for it and its been solid

Reactions: h2ohhh

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just so you guys know, we are open now. Big shindig is this weekend (5th-7th), but we are open. Should be some decent sales going on this weekend. I haven't even made it through the whole store yet to see the fishing section.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I wish they would open something good like that down here, I need a fun job :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts