NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now here's a great option for families or fisherman on the go.
Doesnt need water cooling or pumps/thru hulls... simply plug and play air conditioning for boats/small interiors!!

thought I'd pass this along as it's about time someone came up with real stand alone type marine a/c for small boat guys.

http://www.cruisair.com/sheets/L-2425D.pdf

Dont know price on it.. but I'm sure it will be around the same price as the current carry on CruiserAir unit.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Man that's nice.. I bet a nice place to cool off on days like this would make an offshore trip so much better!!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it would! (especially now).

What's wild is.. I could rig this thing up for the cabin in my CC!!!... hmmm... I'll be right back guys.. sneak in there catch a quick hour cat nap in some cool air... :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was thinking about the exact thing this morning! I wish it was portable though. Need something for tent camping in this weather.

I was thinking that if I cut a hole in a cooler and placed a battery operated fan. Fill the cooler with ice, well it should cool you down for a little bit - right?

Appreciate the info and link WD.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Same thing as the spot coolers we use in facilities for emergency situations. Shouldn't be too hard to modify for a boat. Might have to use a little step-down transformer.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Yes it would! (especially now).

What's wild is.. I could rig this thing up for the cabin in my CC!!!... hmmm... I'll be right back guys.. sneak in there catch a quick hour cat nap in some cool air... :)
It pulls 29 amps of 12V DC - better have plenty of batteries and a way to recharge them (outboard engines don't produce anywhere near that amount of amps). Seems more practical for a boat with an inboard motor or a big battery bank and shore power with a charger.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With 3 group 27 batt's the unit will run for somthin like 10 hours...

I have 2 on board chargers (5 banks total) and 5 batteries.
3 dedicated group 27 deep cycles dedicated to a onboard A/C unit is feasible...

Run all day, then at the end of the day, plug the boat back in at the house or to dockside shore power to recharge batt's. Also if you look at the specs, it says it can also be powered via step voltage via a charger... so you could charge your batt's, while maintaining a climate control while at the house.

Hmmmm.... ;)

Very doable for walk around or small cuddy/cabin cruiser type boaters.

Non boat campers probably wouldnt want to lug around 2-3 group 27 or better batteries I'm sure as that's a quite a bit of weight...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
What would be great is solar or wind power to help lengthen the cycle time on the batteries.. Something that can be set up out of the way and easy to take down like a windmill mount for the trip in and out to spin it as well as the wind off the ocean, or cover the cuddy deck and top with these new flexible solar mats leaving the walk around open.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
With 3 group 27 batt's the unit will run for somthin like 10 hours...

I have 2 on board chargers (5 banks total) and 5 batteries.
3 dedicated group 27 deep cycles dedicated to a onboard A/C unit is feasible...

Run all day, then at the end of the day, plug the boat back in at the house or to dockside shore power to recharge batt's. Also if you look at the specs, it says it can also be powered via step voltage via a charger... so you could charge your batt's, while maintaining a climate control while at the house.

Hmmmm.... ;)

Very doable for walk around or small cuddy/cabin cruiser type boaters.

Non boat campers probably wouldn't want to lug around 2-3 group 27 or better batteries I'm sure as that's a quite a bit of weight...
Yup -lots of batteries (you have 5) and a way to recharge them ( you have two on board chargers). I wouldn't do it with less than that.

The specs say 8 1/2 hours on 3 group 27 deep cycle batteries - enough for a good night's sleep at sea on a hot night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.