NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hard time catching bass on Falls Lake. They are almost always small and if I can get just 1 a day im happy.
Get skunked half the time.
I think most of my issue is I fish the worst part of the day. Mid-afternoon, after the million bass boats have pounded the shorelines all morning.

I dont have a fish finder, so I only shoreline fish structure, so it sucks when I see all the bass boats fishing 30-40 feet deep and im on the shoreline.

Being so frustrated, I read up on fishing high pressured lakes and what the pro's do when they cant seem to get any bites.

So I started fishing senko's wacky style and slow... and by slow... I mean I took the advice of the senko pro's and let the senko do everything.

Pulled into a cove for lunch, rigged my black senko (muddy water here), pitched it into a spot between two laydowns, and stuck the rod in the holder and went for a swim LOL. I dont have that kind of patience.

15 minutes later.... tick tick tick ... ZZzzzt.....ZZZzzzzzt....ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzt....

Swam to the boat, grabbed the rod, reeled in a bit and set the hook :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh.... and this is after fishing a ton of points with the senko slow.... dragging it slow on the bottom... twitching it still..... hopping it.... fished it for 2 hours without a single bite. Guess I havent been fishing it slow enough.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Falls is tough not just because of bass boats but the jet skiers and leisure boats make it hard to fish this time of year. You fishing a bass boat or a Jon boat? If Jon boat probably some better places to get to. PM me we can discuss

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 21 foot jetboat. Draws 14 inches, with no external props, so I can get pretty shallow. All around fun boat, not really for bass, but it works.

I tend to fish a spot for a long time because I dont want to wear my starter out LOL. No trolling motor suuuuuucks :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice Bass. I agree that Falls is difficult in summer to fish (especially for me) and that's why I prefer to fish there in early spring when I can catch fish on spinner baits, jigs and my favorite - crank baits. Caught my first fish on a Carolina rig there many years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.