NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finally saved up enough and got my Hobie PA 12. Now I need some tips on places to go, bait, and places to launch. I'm looking for reds, trout, carpets and pretty much anything else that will get the blood flowing. I'm also looking for a fishing buddy so anyone that wants to go/take me out is more than welcome. I plan on going out in the morning, if anybody knows a good spot or wants to go, any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dude congrats on the yak. Just go and find you some fish. You can get some good info here just by using your search in the right hand side of the screen. Yak fishing is great and if I make it that way I will join you but it is so rewarding to find some fish on your own. Make it an adventure. It has paid off for us time and again just trying new places. You won't catch every trip but that's fishing. Mhc area? Tons of fish to be caught. Find a good marsh and work you some topwater in early morn or evening with any assortment of plastics or popping cork rigs after the top water bite goes away. Good luck and enjoy your new boat!!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
hit me up via PM fishtracker if you wanna wet a line. Not sure what a carpet is, but we can find the other species mentioned. I'm in the morehead area also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.