NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing last Friday with a friend of mine to a local pond and boy did it turn out to be a good day! Caught this carp after fishing about 20 minutes on some homemade bait. Jello,sugar,vanilla,corn meal, and flour is what i used. Took us about 6-8 minutes to get this sucker in. What a blast on light tackle! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
crappie 89 couldn't tell you how the lady has been, she just popped in the week we started building her house and she has not returned:D oh darn ! ruins my day. by chance did you catch that carp in a lake of a condominium? my brother had a condo in cary and that pond looks familiar?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a pond in a resedential area, but it wasn't in Cary. It's in Raleigh off Creedmoor Road right in the middle of everything. It's great to have good fishing such a short distance from my house. :cool:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Now do you eat them? Or just catch them and release them?

I have an old family reciepe for carp

Scale'm, gut it, nail it to a board, I preffer cherrywood or hickory

Fill it with vegetables, I like creole but whatever seasoning and rub you preffer. Cook it nice and through. Take it out of the oven. Pry the nail out. Throw away the carp and eat the board.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Nice fish. I caught one that size at a catfish pond up the road. I was catching small bream for bait and one hit. I was using my 4 1/2' ultralight with 4lb line. It took over 30 minutes and many runs to wear it down. I finally landed the fish and released it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.