NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
've been fishing the upper end of Falls for 2 years now but summer heat still has me a bit stumped. I found the good shallow bite I had thru mid-May died as the surface water temp crept well over 80.

Been trying to ledge fish with all the sonar and trolling motor stuff on my Jon boat but still having a hard time. Recently finding that in the shallows above I-85, deep is 6' to 10' in the channel and that I can do. I'm a jig and worm guy but have been working cranks and having some luck. Not seeing the fish but if I can find the bait, the fish are there. Even little White Bass were swallowing giant cranks.

This one ate it yesterday
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hmqioiuox1fcew/Photo Jun 12, 11 14 08 AM.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Good fish. With this heat, most would rightly assume the bass are now much deeper. But it's been my experience that some fish can still be found shallow, especially early in the day. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get ready to hit the old "Honey Hole" again this morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.