NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site and thought I'd join the action...

Born in Greensboro, moved to Florida as a young child and then on to the Texas Gulf Coast where I spent most of my youth learning to fish for the inshore favs (reds, specks, flounder, etc) from a 14-ft jon boat. Joined the USAF and retired 22 yrs later. Moved back to the Texas Gulf Coast and got a slightly larger boat (24-ft Gulf Coast - skinny water bay boat) and spent the last 6 years going fishing with my family every chance we could. Sold the boat and moved to NC about 1 ½ yrs ago and we're ready to get another one and hit the water again!

Even though I grew up in South Texas, it's good to be "home" again in NC. Looking forward to testing the inshore fishing here! :)

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Welcome back to North Carolina, and welcome to NCAngler!

Reactions: spectre381

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! It's really weird... I grew up in Texas, spent my life traveling the world, and yet my wife and I feel more at home here in NC than anywhere we've ever been. Enough mushiness...

If you've ever been fortunate enough to fish the lower Texas gulf coast, then you've done some fishing. Having said that, I can't wait to get that next boat and see what the NC coast has to offer! Been getting antsy reading thru all the posts on here the last several days!

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
You may not need to wait till you have your own boat. Look around for lakes that have rentals of jonboats, canoes, kayaks. Some of them can have some nice fishing. I don't know your area specifically but I know some of the munincipal lakes here have rentals and have good bass fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts