NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I finally made it to NC. Got here last week. Will be living with my daughter till the house is finished. New house is in Wake Forest. I will be looking for a Jon boat 16 ft with a 30 to 40 hp motor, set up with a trolling deck front and rear, perfer used. Anybody knowing where one can be found please get back to me. Great to be here. Being on the site for the last few months makes me feel like I know a bunch of people all ready in NC. Thanks for making me welcome

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Berger---Hearty! Welcome! to NORTH CAROLINA --Greatest place on earth-- I'm sure you and your family will never regret the move.

Regards, Forrest

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sinkerman

Went to the boat show in Raleigh today, looked at the carolina skiff. It is just what I want. Can put a pedistal seat in the front and add all the other stuff I need. Thanks for the tip. 17 footer fits the bill

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hi Berger,

Welcome to NC.

Chatlee seems to have a good selection of the C-Skiffs at decent prices. Too bad you missed the 1st boat show two weeks ago, had a better seletion of the smaller boats than this weekend's. I've seen lots of Carolinas and Polar skiffs on Falls Lake. If looking used, keep an eye on http://raleigh.craigslist.org/, I've seen a few jons and skiffs come up on it lately. If you have time, take a run out 98 west to Six Forks Road. Left on it about a mile or less to a left to the launch ramps on Upper Bartons Creek. Free vs the charge at the Route 50 ramps, and puts you in the river portion of Falls Lake. Good ramps and ample parking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.