NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Found a school of pups this morning, all 18in, tearing up the bait fish. Snuck up on them and threw my super spook at them. Every cast for like 20 mins! Finally! That was fun. Then they left me:( . oh well, fun while it lasted! Had to get out before this storm comes.
Congrats! sounds awesome.
what area do you fish (im not asking for your fishing spots). just wondering if it was ICW, Inlets, creeks, wrigtsville, topsail?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bmac - I switched it out for straight 14lb mono that I've had in my boat. Seems to work better, but still going to switch out to braid with a fluoro leader......eventually. This trip though was all top water so I was using my Abu Garcia baitcaster, which is spooled with mono. I have that rig dialed in so perfect I can cast that superspook a country mile! Which helps immensely when trying to sneak up on a school of feeding fish! The bad part is you have a country mile to bring the fish to the boat! lol.

Drumfisher - nothing out of the ordinary for baits. Dog walking baits for top water, shrimp baits, jerk baits (I prefer super flukes), mirror-o mr-17, ect. I'm definitely not the person to ask as I'm still learning this brackish water fishing. I'm getting better, but have put a lot of time and research into it! Those are just the standard all around baits that seem to produce somewhat regularly. Hope that helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.