NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my first trip to Bay river today with Rabbit and Randy. The area is beautiful with plenty of water to explore. Wind was blowing hard and pushing water out. We started with 3 blowups on topwater with no takers. Then moved on down farther toward Vandemere and picked up one 18" on a popping cork. A little later we picked up a 20" on a MR17. Later a couple of spikes but that's about it.

Certainly enjoyed the trip and exploring new waters and look forward to going back in a few weeks. Fall trout fishing should be in full swing before long now.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Sounds like y'all did well from the reports I got here @ River's Edge. Yesterday was the worst we've had on the river in 2 weeks. That West wind, the rain early in the AM and all the traffic made it tough. We fiddled around and left the dock ~8 am. Every spot we had planned to fish had a boat on it. Got a couple blowups and a bluefish and that was about it. Went in for lunch and decided to call it a day. Looking forward to the next 2-3 days. Fewer boats and cooler weather should make for some good fishing!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
if my fuel pump would hurry up and get here I fully intend to put a whoopin' on the Bay sometime this week.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I have class Thursday grrr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.