NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just could not stand seeing the new boat in the garage any longer. It had to get wet.
So I got up at o'dark thirty and packed up all the stuff we had planned to take...woke up the other half and got her moving....then started the hour and a half drive to Lake Harris.

Got there and sure enough it wasnt busy....thank you.

I love my boat...and for the most part I love my truck, but that dang truck I have takes a football field to turn around in. It is a Nissan Frontier and I had a Dodge full size truck that had a better turning radius. Why does this matter? Because getting the approach to the ramp for backing is key on how tight the truck could turn.

Anyway...long story short...after a little maneuvering that would have probably upset some people if there was a long line....I got the boat backed up and into the water. She came off the trailer with no problems.

The whole day was dedicated to breaking in the motor as the manufacturer suggests. No big deal...it was fun.

It finally came time to take her back to the launch site and recover. It went pretty much ok, but the maneuvering was a little more tricky and I def need some practice.

But all in all....we sunk no boat.....we hit no one else....we didnt get hurt.....and we didnt lose my truck in the lake. Dang nice day! Probabaly there next weekend if the weather is tolerable.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great day!!!! Now a little more practice during this time of year will make you a pro, such as I:rolleyes: But glad you got out and enjoyed her and now shes comfy and cozy in the garage and all well...:D

Dont ever expect to be a pro...but....wont stop having fun ! Other than old age have no idea why so sore tonight...but me and Wild Turkey 101 is gonna solve that problem !!

Reactions: BigE818

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like an awesome day! I quit trying to drive my boat up on my trailer, now I just back in then hook up a long line to the bow then walk to the bed of my truck and pull it right in. Once it's close enough and lined up on the trailer I just crank in the winch for the last few feet. It's maybe a few minutes slower but is less stress for sure!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Yep tilt her down or this cold freeze any water and will pop the metal in that lower unit and warranty will NOT cover it. Make sure your bilge pump and live well pump are cleared too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I've also drained the fuel from the carb in case i dont get out any time soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.