NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out last night about 7PM to try some topwater action. Started off working a worm along the banks and a buzz of my favorite point. Not a thing. A bunch of folks were fishing a nearby bridge but when they left I headed over to work the banks. First cast with the buzz and a swipe occurs but missed. Thought about tossing in a senko to see if it take it but decided just run the buzzer right back same spot and BAM a nice 1.5 pounder. Not sure it was same fish since the first swipe occurred close in and this guy grabbed it very early in retrieve.

Worked the side a little longer and shifted to other side. Second cast and BAM but can tell its a small fish and swiimming funny. Well instead of being hooked in the mouth the smaller 3/4 pounder was hooked through the side and into his back. Really took some work to get the hook out but fish successfully returned.

All of the action occurred before 730 and than not a thing, switched back to senko t rigged and had something smack it 3 times but never take it tried working the same spot for about 5 more casts but no more bites.

I was amazed the topwater bite was going early and than dropped off as dark approached. Tried a jitterbug as well but no further blowups or strikes

·
Registered
978 Posts
nice work spidey! congrats on the first buzzbait bass..one my favorite ways to catch a bucketmouth..
I caught 2 on the buzzbait Saturday evening..I seen lots of topwater blow-ups..most in very tight cover in 1 ft of water

1 - 2 of 2 Posts