NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took 45 minutes to fish at the farm in Smithfield today. Decided to switch things up from the jerk baits and cranks I've been throwing and start off with my old favorite, zoom pumkinseed u-tail worm fished weightless and texas rigged. First cast and it paid off! Worm hit the water and I twitched it once before she engulfed it. Looked every bit of 8# in the water because she was a fatty but she only measured 22.5 and weighed in at 6.5#. Still my PB of 2015. Caught a few dinks and called it a day.

Water Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing
Water Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot
Water Plant Fin Fish Fisherman

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a very big pond but a nice and big bass! Way to go
Most of the bass in there are the size of the small one but that's the second over 5# I have caught. except for maybe once a year I am the only one that fishes it and another pond twice it's size in the back of the farm. Part of the package deal that came with my girlfriend :D 150 acres to deer, duck, and dove hunt and 5 small ponds, one with catfish and two with bass and panfish. Not to mention the house at Kure that I go to all the time.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Most of the bass in there are the size of the small one but that's the second over 5# I have caught. except for maybe once a year I am the only one that fishes it and another pond twice it's size in the back of the farm. Part of the package deal that came with my girlfriend :D 150 acres to deer, duck, and dove hunt and 5 small ponds, one with catfish and two with bass and panfish. Not to mention the house at Kure that I go to all the time.
sounds like a great girlfriend!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.