NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been restoring a 1971 Evinrude 9.5hp and took it to Moss Lake for a test run. While there, my wife and I, did a little fly fishing. On my third cast, I had a hookup and a wild run. I new it wasn't a bass. My Redington CT 5wt was really getting a workout. It pulled our 14' tin boat like we were trolling. After about 10 min. , I had basically pulled the boat to the fish and netted a blue cat. It measured 21.5" from nose to tail fork. I am lousy at guessing weight, so your guess is as good as mine. The fly was a size 14 black and orange bead head WB.
Wish I had taken my camera. Heck, the only flies we had with us were on the rods. Like I said we were on the lake to test the old motor.
Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice job. Always fun catching catfish on a fly rod. Lately, that's seems to be to only fish I've been catching. All of them caught on a purple crystal bugger #10. Kinda feels like snagging a log and then all of a sudden, they realize what's going on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.