NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You didn't have a chopper on the line..they said.....You just don't know how to tie a hook correctly..they said... You probably just got your leader caught on an oyster bed...they said.

Well today I went after what I believed to be a chopper that bit me off last weekend....this time I brought a steel leader. Don't you know it that sucker came again at high tide fought like **** but I landed him. My first chopper ever. Don't know how much he weighed but he was a solid 32 inches.

Now he is currently fish nuggets with fries that my wife and I are about to enjoy.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
The only one I ever tried to eat has been on ice 12hrs and not bled out and it was just too fishy for me. I'd like to try a nice fresh one.. Congrats on the catch!

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
You didn't have a chopper on the line..they said.....You just don't know how to tie a hook correctly..they said... You probably just got your leader caught on an oyster bed...they said.

thats not what i said at all when you asked I said we will never know till you land one hahahaha i know they come in there and about when they are due but i can not tell you what you lost when i don't see it :) CONGRATS on your first from the yak.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

thats not what i said at all when you asked I said we will never know till you land one hahahaha i know they come in there and about when they are due but i can not tell you what you lost when i don't see it :) CONGRATS on your first from the yak.
Not you, that was Mr. Brewster, the doubting Thomas hahaha

·
Registered
10,895 Posts

hahahaha i would never say you didnt have what ya thought ya had but i would tell you we will never know till ya landed one and thanks we ended up with 4 today ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts

hahahaha i would never say you didnt have what ya thought ya had but i would tell you we will never know till ya landed one and thanks we ended up with 4 today ;)

Haha. I told him he didn't have one. Figured it was a ray because where he told me he got it sounded like that hole you said you catch your shark bait from. That and he said he didnt feel any head shake. No head shake and burning line means ray any day of the week if you ask me. lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Blue nuggets are dang good! Like others have said make sure to bleed them as soon as you bring them in. We'd just cut the neck and leave it in the net. Quick milk bath and then prepped for the fryer

Congrats on you first from the yak

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.