NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was an interesting 2.5 hrs. Found out that I lived fairly close to the Nuese River, so decided to check it out for a couple hrs. Did REALLY good. Caught about 7 bass all in the 1-2.5lb range. Lost a couple, lots of bites as well. Was drop shoting a Green Pumpkin Trick worm. What was crazy though is the 2 new kinds of fish I've never caught before. One was an eel type fish. Not sure what it is, but it gave me a good fight! Was going to lip it for a pic....but decided I should check it's mouth first. Sure glad I did. Sharp teeth in that mouth and I'm sure it would of hurt a bit! Second fish I caught was a hefty size Carp. I was surprised it took my DS rig. Thought I had a monster bass till I could see it in the deep pool. Thing fought me for a good 5 minutes. Just when I thought I had it.....I had to think again. I did eventually land it though. Crazy adventure. I guess I just need to keep exploring the waters out here! The 4 bass pics were the best of size :) I sure would like to float down that river
CAM01274 (1).jpg CAM01273.jpg CAM01269.jpg CAM01268.jpg CAM01270.jpg CAM01272.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still fairly new to NC so I was very surprised with what I found at the end of my line. They sure are fighters. All muscle!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Bowfin, Grennel, Swamp Muskie, Mudfish, Blackfish, Beaverfish, Dogfish, and many other names but they are some fierce fighters!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, I should've read it more closely . You're right.

I've been chasing carp on the fly for a while with only one hook up, which immediately broke me off. They're no slouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
Yeah, I should've read it more closely . You're right.

I've been chasing carp on the fly for a while with only one hook up, which immediately broke me off. They're no slouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd feel more confident if I had a lake/pond with some smaller carp in it. The only place I have locally hold some massive grass carp in it, somewhere in the neighborhood of 40" I'd estimate.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I caught a 30" bowfin at one of my local ponds with a 8" texas rigged pumpkin seed worm. Im a relatively new fisherman and good lord..... I have never experienced a fight like that. Of course I was by myself and didnt have a clue what it was at the time. That dude was so fierce and extremely upset that I got the best of him. Kept fighting even when I was getting the hook out. I also was seconds away from lipping him also and noticed the teeth. After a bit of research, sounds like they can tear your hand up pretty good if you are not careful. Haha, after catching that bowfin I was shaking so bad that I couldnt even re-rig my line. Decided to call it a day after that catch. Tight lines.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
2 rows of teeth in a bowfin mouth. They are awesome fighters, and can live in very low oxygen water. They have an air bladder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts