NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was an interesting 2.5 hrs. Found out that I lived fairly close to the Nuese River, so decided to check it out for a couple hrs. Did REALLY good. Caught about 7 bass all in the 1-2.5lb range. Lost a couple, lots of bites as well. Was drop shoting a Green Pumpkin Trick worm. What was crazy though is the 2 new kinds of fish I've never caught before. One was an eel type fish. Not sure what it is, but it gave me a good fight! Was going to lip it for a pic....but decided I should check it's mouth first. Sure glad I did. Sharp teeth in that mouth and I'm sure it would of hurt a bit! Second fish I caught was a hefty size Carp. I was surprised it took my DS rig. Thought I had a monster bass till I could see it in the deep pool. Thing fought me for a good 5 minutes. Just when I thought I had it.....I had to think again. I did eventually land it though. Crazy adventure. I guess I just need to keep exploring the waters out here! The 4 bass pics were the best of size :) I sure would like to float down that river
Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Recreational fishing
Water Vertebrate Plant Organism Fin
Water Vertebrate Fish Fisherman Fin
Water Fisherman Watercourse Fish Fishing
Fish Food Seafood Larva Marine biology
Vertebrate Fin Fish Marine biology Recreation

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Bowfin, Grennel, Swamp Muskie, Mudfish, Blackfish, Beaverfish, Dogfish, and many other names but they are some fierce fighters!!

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Yeah, I should've read it more closely . You're right.

I've been chasing carp on the fly for a while with only one hook up, which immediately broke me off. They're no slouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd feel more confident if I had a lake/pond with some smaller carp in it. The only place I have locally hold some massive grass carp in it, somewhere in the neighborhood of 40" I'd estimate.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I caught a 30" bowfin at one of my local ponds with a 8" texas rigged pumpkin seed worm. Im a relatively new fisherman and good lord..... I have never experienced a fight like that. Of course I was by myself and didnt have a clue what it was at the time. That dude was so fierce and extremely upset that I got the best of him. Kept fighting even when I was getting the hook out. I also was seconds away from lipping him also and noticed the teeth. After a bit of research, sounds like they can tear your hand up pretty good if you are not careful. Haha, after catching that bowfin I was shaking so bad that I couldnt even re-rig my line. Decided to call it a day after that catch. Tight lines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.